About the Department
The Department of Civil Engineering was established in the year 2007 and has grown over the years into one of the finest centers of training in the field of civil engineering. The Department offers a four-year course leading to the Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering and two-year courses leading to Master’s degree in two major specializations of civil engineering (viz., Structural Engineering and Geo-informatics Engineering) as well as PhD in Civil Engineering. The laboratories are equipped with excellent and advanced equipment and provide all required facilities for advanced research in specific fields of civil engineering like Earthquake Engineering, water resources Engineering, etc.
The Department is known for its reputed faculty having expertise in diverse fields. It has built up a wide research potential. The research programmes of the department are funded by various agencies such as Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Department of Science and Technology (GOI), BARC, IWRS (IIT Roorkee), IIRS (India) etc. The faculty of the department continues to strive loftier by exploring new frontiers of knowledge, imparting the latest technical knowledge to the students and conducting high quality of research. The faculty also renders technical advice on live engineering problems to various Government and Private Sector companies throughout country.
We visualize GEU as an internationally recognized, inquiry-driven, ethically engaged diverse community, whose members work collaboratively for positive transformation in the world through leadership in teaching, research, and social action.
1. Imparting Knowledge through well established and standard academic and evaluation methods.
2. Skill development through creative new ideas with interdisciplinary and research-oriented experimentation in laboratories, field, and Industry Visits.
3. Transforming students, beyond academics to professionalism through Academic, Industrial, Entrepreneurial and Managerial expert interactions.
4. Revision and Recheck of imparting knowledge and skills to make the student industry ready and futuristic professional.
5. Inculcate the instinct of continuing education and research with an ethical attitude for implementation of attained knowledge and skills to better human living standards and nature at Local, National and Global Levels.
Program Educational Objectives – PEOs
PEO1: Ability to apply principles of Basic Sciences and provide a Civil Engineering Component analysis, design, and evaluation perspectives.
PEO2: Equipped with the latest technical developments and skills to become service deliverable professional.
PEO3: Enthusiastic and energetic in updating thyself to the contemporary and futuristic advancements with a research and entrepreneurial-based approaches.
PEO4: Be able to work as either member or leader of a team and adapt to the changing needs of the profession and global standards.
1. Engineering Knowledge.
2. Problem Analysis.
3. Design/development of solutions.
4. Conduct investigations of Complex Problems.
5. Modern tool usage.
6. The engineer and society.
7. Environment and sustainability.
9. Individual and teamwork.
11. Project management and finance.
12. Life-long learning.
Program Specific Objectives